What is your background and experience prior to working with Catalyst Kinetics Group (CKG)?
- Hons. Bachelor of Kinesiology, Master of Science in Physiotherapy both from McMaster Univeristy
- Worked with a variety of recreational and professional athletes from various sports
- Worked Vancouver 2010 Winter Olympics-figure skating coverage
- Worked London 2012 Summer Olympics with the Canadian national Cycling team, and am involved in the prep with the team leading up to 2016 Summer Olympics in Rio.
- Been working for the National Cycling team for the last 6 years, and have been working in the cycling industry for over 10 seasons
What is your role at CKG? Tell us about the program/s you’re involved in.
- Registered Sports Physiotherapist
What problem/s are you trying to solve for your clients at CKG?
- Assessments and treatments that are focused on addressing the underlying issues that are affecting pain and movement
What most excites you about your work and contributions at CKG?
- Working closely with the other team members, and how much easier it is to get people moving better , and pain free faster with our programs
Any tools or technology that you use in your practice and are excited about?
- Training in advanced manual therapy
- IMS (intramuscular stimulation)
- Retul 3D motion analysis-Bike Fitting
- Vestibular Rehabilitation
Where can we find you when you’re not working?
- Travelling the world with the cycling team
- Running, riding, hiking, skiing
How long have you been doing what you do?
- Ive been involved working with sports teams for 15 years, and have been graduated from Physiotherapy schoo for almost 8 years
Any accolades you’d like to tell us about?
- Acupuncture Certificate
- Retul Certified Bike Fitting
- Sport Physiotherapy Canada Certificate and Diploma (completed with Distinction)
- Advanced education in Manual therapy
Do you have a Twitter handle or personal website?
Facebook: Tara Lazarski, Sport Physiotherapist